A pet?!

What's so unusual about this picture?!


Hhmmm... the reason why this image captures me so much
is because it makes me reflect so much on the kind of relationship
I have with God ~ Lion of Judah
I often catch myself living a life like this girl ...
... with God leashed and carrying Him right next to me,
as if He's to do EVERYTHING I want in life ... of course.
Whenever life is going just dandy, blissful,
and seems to be going all just perfectly,
I forget that I must seek Him and listen
to what He's got to tell me about my life.
I know that's not how I should be living
this precious life He's given me.
Why not?!
Because 99.9999...% of the time,
my heart has filled with pride and selfishness,
and it has turned away from the Truth.
~ what a calamity ~
Oh, when things are not going the way I think they should,
or when I feel very threatened by the circumstances of life,
I remember that I have Him right next to me
- on the leash and always ready to fight for me -
Now, how selfish and immature is that!!
I would call that not only emocionally underdeveloped,
but also tremendously spiritually retrogression.
Whatever happened to the days where I was so pure and naive ...
... to the days that I could feel Him working so closely in my life ...
... to the days where I could experience miracles ...
Why does one grow older and grow colder?
... then again ... is it always just me?!

No comments: