Hard work pays off ~

At the end of last school year, six students from my previous group of Grade 4 took a Young Learner English exam called MOVERS by they University of Cambridge.

Young Learners English (YLE) is a reliable and consistent measure of how well your child is doing in the skills of listening, speaking and reading and writing. Tests are designed to make learning fun and children are encouraged by working towards certificates and earning the 'shields' that record their progress.

Well, of the six students who took the test,
five of them got 100% on the Exam!!!
That means that their English is SUPER! ^^ Today was one of the many days that my students brought me joy. As the school held a little cerimony and I gave them their certificates (little diplomas... hehe...), I felt a sense of accomplishment as a teacher... thinking to myself that all the "No Portuguese in class!" and the "English only!!" ... somehow worked out! Hahah... Of course I have to take into consideration their prior knowledge of the language and all the other English teachers they've had before me ... But hey! One whole year "drilling" good and proper English into their brains wasn't easy~

Those who know me know that I'm not so good with words... and that I'm not the most articulate person in the world. And obviously that's what happened today as I was given the opportunity to congratulate my students in front of the entire school (parents, relatives
and even other teacher... aaaargh!!) >.<

Artur P., Carol L., Catherine P., J.P.,
Luanna R., Nathalia F.
... YOU ROCK!! ^^

No comments: