Parents-Teachers Meeting

I gotta confess that days when I have meeting with my students' parents are really exciting, because you are not quite sure how the parents are going react to certain truthful facts you tell them about their children.

I don't have THAT long of a carrier as a school teacher (only 6 years)... so I'm still new to many things... but today's meeting with one of the mothers was the most shocking!!

I got a student in my class who's really good academically. He's very bright, participant, communicative ... HOWEVER...

He's been struggling with some behavioral problems, which is a major issue the parents won't admit! And they've been blaming his 'not so acceptable' behavior on us, the school.

Oh, they also mentioned that my colleague and I didn't praise him enough throughout the trimester... so she brought a list of words for us to make good use of!

What the @$(*%&$(^ ...
If you understand Portuguese, feel free to click on photo and read this student's parents' feedback.

Some things are just unacceptable, I say~
Anyways, I had a loooooooong day. All I know is that I'm a forever apprentice. ^^ Lord bless me! Hahahha~~

3 comments:

Dani said...

Sarinha, amiga querida...
well, reading that brilliant letter, in my humble opinion (I've been teaching for 11 years and know exactly what you mean!), if those parents think that's all YOU AND THE SCHOOL have to do so their fulaninho will feel better is tell him one - or many - of those words when he does some work well (as he ALWAYS does), why dont they tutor their fulaninho at home, then? Wouldnt it be easier?? =)
And as far as I'm concern, praising him all the time (even when his behaviour is not as good as the expected) wont solve any behavioural problems, will it?
Tell them to @#&%@##$ off!!! hahaha
Saudades, amiga.
Te amo. God bless you! =)

Dani said...

p.s. that letter looks like something my old boss at CI would write, and demand all us teacher would use with our students... hahaha =P
Beijão, querida..

Anonymous said...

woooooooooow... these parents have a lot of free time in their hands... maybe they should use it in EDUCATING their little brat instead of typing letters... I mean, you are a TEACHER not a bloody personal tutor... seriously, HAHAHAH...
JOEL R.